DART Rider Alerts
Effective Date: 1/28/2020
Transit Agencies to Begin Surveys to Gauge Demand, Meet NeedsThe first phase of a regionwide transit survey will begin Feb. 3. Dallas Area Rapid Transit, McKinney Avenue Transit Authority and Trinity Railway Express passengers are being asked to help planners determine the demand on the system.
Funded through a partnership between the North Central Texas Council of Governments, DART, Denton County Transportation Authority and Trinity Metro, the surveys will be conducted in two phases.
The first survey is an on-to-off survey that will attempt to measure demand. Upon boarding, riders on the larger DART bus routes (at least 1,000 riders per day) will be handed cards by surveyors wearing blue vests. Riders will return the cards when they get off the bus. On DART and TRE trains, passengers will simply be asked at what station they will get off. The M-Line Trolley will also be included in this survey.
A subsequent interview survey will be conducted involving DART, MATA, Dallas Streetcar and TRE passengers beginning Feb. 24 to collect information about their trips, the fare and demographics. In most cases, this will occur through an interview by the surveyors. On express routes, passengers will be asked to fill out a paper questionnaire. Testing of the interview survey begins on a limited number of DART bus and rail routes during the week of Jan. 27.
The surveys are voluntary, and answers will be kept confidential. Questions regarding the passengers' starting locations and destinations will provide details about why people are choosing transit and paint a picture of how the system is used. The survey information will allow transit agencies to better address demand and to plan future transit needs.
Click here to learn more about the regionwide transit survey.
Featured Rider Alerts:
- DART Coronavirus Update, March 27, 2020 (Posted yesterday at 8:11 AM)
Current Rider Alerts:
- Current Route Detours (Effective for routes 11, 12, 19, 24, 26, 31, 35, 42, 81/82, 84, 110, 161, 205, 206, 208, 210, 211, 278, 347, 372, 376, 402, 403, 409, 410, 415, 444, 467, 486, 522, 542, 549, 560, 582, 583, 595, 597, 870 (East Plano FLEX))
- Detours for bus routes 60, 164, 372, 374, 428 and 467 due to Shiloh Road KCS Railroad Crossing Repairs, Effective March 28-29, 2020
Other Customer Information:
- DART Parking Information
- Downtown Bus Routes Providing Service to DART Rail Stations
- DART Severe Winter Weather Operating Plans
- DART Rail and TRE Service to American Airlines Center
DART Rail Construction Alerts