Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
December 17, 2018
DART, Coors Light to 'Freeze the Keys' New Year's Eve
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and Coors Light are delivering a safe alternative to driving on New Year's Eve with free DART rides on all buses, trains, Paratransit Services and the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) between Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Airport Station.
Customers are encouraged to FREEZE THE KEYS and let DART be their designated driver, courtesy of Coors Light Free Rides®. The partnership between Coors Light and DART means no passes, coupons or fare of any kind required for a free ride on December 31, from 6 p.m. to end of service.
Coors Light Free Rides program has helped more than 6.4 million people arrive home safely. The program began locally in 2015. Last year, more than 20,000 North Texans took advantage of the Free Rides program.
Free Rides will also be offered on New Year's Eve in Chicago, Denver, Milwaukee, Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN and Phoenix.
Look for New Year's Eve schedules at DART.org and TrinityRailwayExpress.org.
Mon., Dec. 31
Tues., Jan. 1
- DART - Bus and rail service will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
- TRE - Regular weekday schedule.
- Coors Light Free Rides begin on both DART and TRE at 6 p.m. until end of service. (Free New Year's Eve service on TRE will be provided from Union Station to CentrePort/DFW Airport Station only.)
- Final TRE trains from Union Station will depart at:
- 10:24 p.m. to Fort Worth
- 12:45 a.m. to CentrePort/DFW Airport Station
- Final DART light rail trains leave from West End Station in Downtown Dallas at:
- Red Line to Parker Road Station - 1:41 a.m.
- Red Line to Westmoreland Station - 1:18 a.m.
- Blue Line to Downtown Rowlett Station - 1:18 a.m.
- Blue Line to UNT Dallas Station - 1:16 a.m.
- Green Line to Buckner Station - 1:08 a.m.
- Green Line to North Carrollton/Frankford Station - 1:26 a.m.
- Orange Line to Parker Road Station - 12:24 a.m.
- Orange Line to DFW Airport Station - 12:11 a.m. (or use Green Line at 1:26 a.m. and transfer at Bachman Station to Orange Line at 1:45 a.m.)
- Dallas Streetcar - A final streetcar leaves Union Station at 12:50 a.m. and Bishop Arts at 1:09 a.m.
- DART Customer Information Center - Available by calling 214-979-1111 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- DART Customer Care - Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- DART Lost and Found - Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Paratransit - Regular service provided. Customers may begin calling Fri., Dec. 28, to schedule service through Wed., Jan. 2. Customers should call 214.515.7272 and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip. Next day scheduling is also available using X-Press Booking, web booking or semi-automated voicemail.
- The DART Police will have extra patrol units on duty to assist where needed, especially in downtown and around West End Station.
- DART administrative offices are closed.
- DART - Bus and rail service will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- TRE - No service.
- DART's Customer Information Center - Schedule information is available by calling 214-979-1111 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- DART Customer Care - Closed
- DART Lost and Found - Closed
- Paratransit Services for customers with disabilities will operate on a Saturday schedule. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will also be closed. Regular subscription trips are canceled on Tues., Jan. 1. Customers needing service are encouraged to begin calling on Fri., Dec. 28. Next day scheduling is also available using X-Press Booking, web booking and the semi-automated voice mail system.
- DART On-Call - Will not operate.
-- 30 --