Illinois Avenue & Westmoreland Road - Mapsco 53U
(2646 S. Westmoreland Rd., Dallas 75211)
Located at Illinois Avenue & Westmoreland Road, Westmoreland Station is served by the West Oak Cliff segment of the DART Rail Red line. Facilities include a drop-off and pickup area, bicycle racks and free commuter parking spaces.
Service:DART Rail Red Line, Bus Routes 25, 57, 104, 108, 221, 223,
GoLink Mountain Creek (M-S)
M-S (Monday through Saturday)
Bus Bay Assignments:Bay 1 — 108, Rail Disruption Shuttle Stop
Bay 2 — 104 MLK, Jr. Station
Bay 3 — 104 Dallas College Mountain View Campus
Bay 4 — 25
Bay 5 — 57 Kirnwood
Bay 6 — 57 Southwestern Medical District/Parkland Station
Bay 7 — 221, 223, Paratransit
- Passenger Shelters
- Customer Information
- Ticket Vending Machines
- Bus "Kiss & Ride" Passenger Drop-Off/Pickup Area
- Free Parking (672 Spaces, overnight or long-term parking is at the discretion of the customer. DART assumes no responsibility for vehicles left overnight.)
- Bike Rack
- Public Art
Popular Attractions and Destinations:
- Army Air Force Exchange Service (via bus route 547)
- Hampton-Illinois Shopping Center (via bus route 445)
- Justin F. Kimball High School (via bus route 404)
- Dallas College Mountain View Campus (via bus route 445 or 568)
Wynnewood Village Shopping Center (via bus route 445)
- The Potter's House (via bus route 547)
- Southwest Center Mall (via bus route 404)
- Westmoreland Heights Shopping Center
This West Oak Cliff station is surrounded by a commercial and light industrial area, amid largely Hispanic neighborhoods.
The design team used warm, rich colors on platform canopies and columns. Architectural finishes such as tile work and paving designs were inspired by Spanish colonial-era architecture found throughout Mexico. Lush landscaping around the station also contributes to an inviting and humane environment.
The specially commissioned sculpture by artist Eliseo Garcia is strategically placed for maximum viewing by motorists passing by, as well as DART riders.
Cycles of Life by Eliseo Garcia
Celebration by Eliseo Garcia
By Roberto Mungia
A series of 10 panels rendered in a lush, highly color-saturated palette. Windscreen panels depict events in Mexican culture and mythology.
Design Team Artist: Leticia Huerta
Engineer: Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam
Architect: John Chase, Architects, inc.
Landscape Architect: Linda Tycher & Associates
Commissioned Artists: Eliseo Garcia and Roberto Mungia