DART Rider Alerts
Effective Date: 11/14/2022
Comet Cruiser (Route 883) Placed On Temporary Detour Due to Dickerson Closure, Effective September 26, 2022
Riders of the West branch of Route 883, UTD's Comet Cruiser, are reminded of a significant route detour taking effect Monday, Sept. 26, 2022.
Due to the closure of Dickerson Street for construction related to the future Silver Line rail project, buses will instead use Hillcrest Road from McCallum Blvd. to Frankford Road.
Several bus stops will be temporarily removed: McCallum eastbound at Meandering Way, Frank Jackson and Bannister, plus Dickerson at McCallum. A new stop will be added on McCallum westbound at Meandering Way. The schedule will remain unchanged, although some trips may experience delays due to the detour.
The detour is expected to remain in effect until around December 18, 2022. Please visit DART.org or the UTD website, services.utdallas.edu/transit/cruiser, for additional details.
Featured Rider Alerts:
Current Rider Alerts:
- DART Bus Detours for City of Richardson 50th Annual Christmas Parade, effective Saturday, December 3, 2022
- Farmers Branch Tree Lighting Event to Cause Street Closure, Effective December 3, 2022
- DART Returns Nine Major Bus Routes to Regular Frequency, Effective Monday, December 12, 2022
- DART Bus Detours for Dallas Holiday Parade, effective Saturday, December 3, 2022
- Comet Cruiser (Route 883) Placed On Temporary Detour Due to Dickerson Closure, Effective September 26, 2022
- DART Coronavirus Information
- Always Be Alert: A message from DART Police
- Current Route Detours (Effective for routes 1, 22, 45, 215, 222, 236, 238, 241, 306, 883 (UTD Comet Cruiser))