Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
December 24, 2012
DART and TRE make New Year's plan
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) are preparing for the New Year's holiday with the following schedule:
Tuesday, January 1
Monday, December 31
DART's Customer Information Center will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on New Year's Eve and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on New Year's Day. Customers needing schedule information can call 214-979-1111. DART route and schedule information is also available on www.DART.org and TRE information is at www.TrinityRailwayExpress.org.
- DART administrative offices are closed.
- DART - Buses and light rail will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- DART Rail will provide extra service for the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Extra trips will be added on Orange and Red Lines (transfer to Green Line at West End, Akard, St. Paul or Pearl/Arts District Station). The Green Line will add capacity from Victory to Lawnview Station and Blue Line trains will follow a regular Sunday schedule.
View more information about service to the Heart of Dallas Bowl.
- TRE - No service.
- Paratransit Ã¯Â¿Â½ Sunday schedule. Regular subscription trips will be canceled on New Year's Day. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will also be closed. Customers needing service for New Year's Day, Tuesday, January 1, are encouraged to begin calling Thursday, December 27. On New YearÃ¯Â¿Â½s Day, next day scheduling will be accepted using our voicemail booking system and DART's automated booking feature, X-Press Booking. To speak with a staff person, customers may begin calling December 27, to schedule service through January 1. Customers should call 214-515-7272 and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip(s).
- HOV - The high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton), on I-30 West (Tom Landry Freeway), the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane, the direct connector ramp between the US 75 and I-635 HOV lanes, and the section of the I-35E/US 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12 will all be closed. The remaining portion of the I-35 (Stemmons) HOV lanes, the I-635 (LBJ) HOV lanes, the US 75 (Central Expressway) HOV lanes, and the I-35E/US 67 HOV lanes from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open 24 hours a day as usual.
-- 30 --