DART Construction Alerts
March 18, 2019
Red, Blue Line Customers Reminded to Use Caution As Platform Work Begins at Downtown Plano and Galatyn Park Stations, Effective Monday, March 25, 2019The long-awaited construction that will expand capacity at some of DART's original rail stations is now under way, and riders are urged to employ caution along with patience as platform expansion comes their way.
Work will begin at Downtown Plano and Galatyn Park stations on March 25, 2019. Within the next two years we will extend the remaining 28 Red and Blue line stations' capability to handle growing ridership throughout the region. Each platform is expected to take approximately four months to complete.
During this time, customers at affected stations should remember to allow extra time for bus/train connections and to be extra careful in and around construction areas. Schedules and updates will be available to patrons on DART.org, and onboard trains and buses.
Click here to learn more about this project. Thanks for riding DART.
Weekend DART Rail Replacement coming to Downtown Dallas, Effective Saturday, March 30, 2019
Buses will replace trains in Downtown Dallas on weekends starting March 30 when DART begins replacing rail along the Transitway Mall. The weekend construction will continue into September.
The closures will allow DART to replace track along Pacific Avenue and Bryan Street, repair and add additional rail crossovers, and repair city streets and drainage. It will create a smoother ride through downtown, eliminate ongoing maintenance issues and increase the number of areas where trains can switch tracks, which will reduce service disruptions.
Work will impact the Red and Blue Lines between Union Station and Pearl/Arts District Station, the Green Line between Victory and Deep Ellum Stations, and the Orange Line between Victory and LBJ/Central Station, and between Victory Station and Parker Road Station.
Five separate DART shuttle bus routes will operate during the weekend closures to serve the affected downtown stations, Customers should look for red "Rail Disruption" bus stops at those stations. Two bus routes will stop at every Pearl/Arts District, St. Paul, Akard and West End station. Three routes will connect you to Pearl/Arts District Station, Union Station and Victory Station.
- Two Local bus routes (932, 934) will stop at every impacted station: Pearl/Arts District, St. Paul, Akard and West End.
- Three Express routes (931, 933, 935) will connect Pearl/Arts District Station, Union Station and Victory Station.
- An additional Express route (936) will connect Mockingbird Station and Bachman Station.
Shuttle Bus Routes
Not Depicted: Route 936 – Mockingbird Station to Bachman Station
Any time you undertake a construction project, the possibility for danger is elevated. DART is urging everyone to be extra careful around its facilities, vehicles and especially the construction areas. Here are 10 tips you should know.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track at designated crosswalks only.
- Never walk, ride or play in front of or behind a DART vehicle.
- Children should always exit the bus through the front door.
- Do not walk, ride or play in a construction area.
- Never walk, ride or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across train tracks.
- Never try to beat a train through a crossing.
- Remember: Safety begins with you. Talk to your family.