DART Construction Alerts
November 13, 2019
Weekend rail service suspended
Downtown Dallas only
Click here to learn more.
Ongoing track improvement in the Downtown Dallas area nears completion with buses replacing rail service on Friday through Sunday, Nov. 29-Dec. 1.
Dallas Area Rapid Transit's Design-Builder for the Silver Line Regional Rail Project, Archer Western Herzog, will begin field construction along the 26-mile alignment on November 18, 2019.
SILVER LINE CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY TO BEGIN
Initial work will consist of two major activities:
- Removal of abandoned rail along the DART Right-of-Way (ROW) from the Dallas North Tollway in Addison to west of Synergy Park Road in Richardson;
- Utility relocation along Hillcrest Road from north of McCallum Boulevard to south of Wester Way
Tasks to be performed include: demolition and stacking of existing rail components (rail, ties, ballast) and loading of the components onto trucks and hauling materials off-site. There will be no access to private property, unless coordinated with the property owner(s) in advance.
Survey and relocation of AT&T utilities at the Hillcrest Road rail crossing site will require the closure of the inside northbound lanes of Hillcrest Road until July 2020.
Construction activities will take place during the daytime hours of 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and involve construction equipment appropriate to the work required. A list of equipment expected to be in use for both activities, including images, can be found at awhcottonbelt.com/community/construction-equipment. Follow-up activity will continue through the projectís conclusion in late 2022.
For construction-related questions and/or concerns, contact the Construction Hotline, (972) 833-2856. If the call is not answered, please leave a message and your call will be returned within 24 hours.
For additional information about the Silver Line project, please visit DART.org/cottonbelt.
Illinois Station Platform Extension Rescheduled To Begin October 14th
The platform extension project at Illinois Station has been postponed until Monday, October 14. Customers are reminded that the heavy equipment required for this work will be located in the lot just north of East Louisiana Street and these parking spaces will be unavailable until further notice.
The station will remain in operation during the construction period; however, you are urged to use caution and observe all warning and directional signage. When completed, this very important project will allow three-car trains to serve this station, bringing more convenience and comfort to Illinois Station customers and to the entire DART system.
We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.
Any time you undertake a construction project, the possibility for danger is elevated. DART is urging everyone to be extra careful around its facilities, vehicles and especially the construction areas. Here are 10 tips you should know.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track at designated crosswalks only.
- Never walk, ride or play in front of or behind a DART vehicle.
- Children should always exit the bus through the front door.
- Do not walk, ride or play in a construction area.
- Never walk, ride or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across train tracks.
- Never try to beat a train through a crossing.
- Remember: Safety begins with you. Talk to your family.