DART Construction Alerts
May 23, 2019
Rail Weekend rail service suspended
Downtown Dallas Only
through September 2019
Track Improvements and Rail Replacement will:
- Create a smoother ride through downtown
- Eliminate ongoing maintenance issues
- Increase the number of areas where trains can switch tracks, which will reduce service disruptions
Memorial Day Weekend
May 25, 26, 27 – Memorial Day weekend (Sat, Sun, Mon) the Red Line and Blue Line from the North will not operate past Mockingbird Station. Bus shuttles will provide service between Mockingbird, Cityplace/Uptown and Pearl/Arts District Stations. Board buses upstairs at Mockingbird Station.
June 1 – 2
DART will return to its regular shuttle bus routes and schedules. Weekend rail service between Mockingbird, Cityplace/Uptown and Pearl/Arts District Stations will resume.
DART Rail in downtown Dallas will be discontinued each weekend beginning March 30, for roughly six months, to allow track replacement along Pacific Avenue and Bryan Street. DART will replace worn light rail tracks, add and repair crossovers, and repair streets and drainage along the rail corridor.
Interrupted Rail Segments:
Normal weekend service is scheduled to resume the week of Sept. 23, just in time for the State Fair of Texas®.
Five separate shuttle routes will be in operation
Two routes stop at every Central Business District station. Two express routes connect Pearl/Arts District Station, West End Station and Victory Station. One express route travels between Mockingbird Station and Bachman Station.
Look for the sign
Buses will load and unload at the red "Rail Disruption" bus stop located near each station. Signs on the rail platform will point you to these bus stops.
Red, Blue Line Customers Reminded to Use Caution As Platform Work Begins at Downtown Plano and Galatyn Park Stations, Effective Monday, March 25, 2019
The long-awaited construction that will expand capacity at some of DART's original rail stations is now under way, and riders are urged to employ caution along with patience as platform expansion comes their way.
Work will begin at Downtown Plano
and Galatyn Park
stations on March 25, 2019. Within the next two years we will extend the remaining 28 Red and Blue line stations' capability to handle growing ridership throughout the region. Each platform is expected to take approximately four months to complete.
During this time, customers at affected stations should remember to allow extra time for bus/train connections and to be extra careful in and around construction areas. Schedules and updates will be available to patrons on DART.org, and onboard trains and buses.
to learn more about this project. Thanks for riding DART.
Any time you undertake a construction project, the possibility for danger is elevated. DART is urging everyone to be extra careful around its facilities, vehicles and especially the construction areas. Here are 10 tips you should know.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track at designated crosswalks only.
- Never walk, ride or play in front of or behind a DART vehicle.
- Children should always exit the bus through the front door.
- Do not walk, ride or play in a construction area.
- Never walk, ride or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across train tracks.
- Never try to beat a train through a crossing.
- Remember: Safety begins with you. Talk to your family.
Back to Top