DART Rider Alerts
Effective Date: 8/23/2021
DART Coronavirus UpdateDART remains committed to doing everything possible to keep our patrons and employees safe. DART encourages passengers who feel sick or are experiencing symptoms to stay home and avoid public places.
August 23, 2021: Federal Face Mask Requirement for Public Transit Extended through Jan 18, 2022
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has issued a Security Directive extending the face mask requirement for all transportation networks, including public transportation, while onboard or indoors through January 18, 2022 to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
DART will continue to require a CDC approved face mask be worn over the mouth and nose by passengers and operators at all times while on DART vehicles including buses, trains and paratransit vehicles, Trinity Railway Express trains, in buildings and onboard the Dallas Streetcar. On June 10, 2021, the TSA revised its face mask policy, allowing public transit passengers to forego masks in outdoor areas.
Refusing to wear a mask, unless exempted or excluded under the CDC guidelines, is a violation of federal law and failure to comply will result in denial of boarding or removal, and passengers may be subject to federal penalties.
Face masks and hand sanitizer dispensers are installed on all buses, light rail vehicles and Dallas streetcars and available to all passengers.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using an approved cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
Click here to view more info.
Featured Rider Alerts:
- Simpler. Better. Faster. Easier! The New DART Bus Network (Posted on Nov 23 at 1:16 PM)
- DART Coronavirus Update (Posted on Aug 23 at 12:01 PM)
Current Rider Alerts:
- Green Line Trains, Bus Routes to be Impacted By BMW Dallas Marathon Run, Effective Sunday, December 12, 2021
- 2021 BMW Dallas Marathon Weekend Bus Route Detours, Effective Friday, December 10 and Saturday, December 11
- Route 24, 31 and 84 Bus Riders Should Prepare for Detours During the Our Lady of Guadalupe Novena Ceremony at the Cathedral Santuario de Guadalupe on Saturday, December 11, 2021
- Current Route Detours (Effective for routes 12, 24, 29, 35, 59, 81/82, 84, 110, 409, 467, 521, 535, 583, 595, 704 (Parkland Shuttle), 706 (Parkland Shuttle))
Other Customer Information:
DART Construction Alerts