DART Rider Alerts
Effective Date: 1/1/2017
Always Be Alert: A message from DART PoliceAlthough DART Police and all public safety agencies strive to provide all citizens a safe and secure environment, there are actions you can take any time you are in a public location to protect yourself from criminal activity.
First and foremost - be aware of your surroundings and those around you. It is easy to tune everything out while on your phone or listening to music. This is a prime opportunity for criminals to take advantage of the situation. Victims and witnesses are not able to assist in identifications because they did not know their surroundings.
Keep valuable items out of sight. Most crimes are based on opportunity. By having valuable items out of sight, including cell phones and MP3 devices, you don't make it easy for the criminal to quickly grab whatever they see and run off with it.
Keep your personal items under your control at all times. Items such as purses, packages, and brief cases set down even for ''just a second'', are an easy target for a snatch-and-run. This will also ensure you don't forget your items. Items left behind could be considered suspicious and are subject to destruction.
Successful crime prevention programs all have one thing in common - active citizen participation. We need you to make it difficult for criminals to commit the easy crimes of opportunity.
Please report any suspicious or criminal activity to DART Police at 214-928-6300 - if we don't know about 'em, we can't catch 'em!
View a DART Police Crime Prevention Video (opens in a new window)
Featured Rider Alerts:
- DART Rail Operates Normal Weekend Service August 17-18 and August 24-25; Downtown Dallas Rail Replacement Work Resumes August 31-September 1, 2019 (Posted on Aug 13 at 9:45 AM)
- DART Service Changes Coming August 12 (Posted on Aug 13 at 4:32 PM)
- Weekend DART Rail Replacement continues in Downtown Dallas through September (Posted on Aug 13 at 9:40 AM)
Current Rider Alerts:
- Current Route Detours (Effective for routes 11, 12, 19, 26, 29, 31, 35, 42, 81/82, 84, 110, 161, 164, 205, 206, 208, 210, 211, 278, 283, 347, 372, 376, 405, 409, 444, 467, 522, 542, 549, 595, 597, 704, 870-East Plano FLEX)
- Cityplace/Uptown Station West Inclinator Out of Service for 30 Days, Effective Monday, August 26, 2019
Other Customer Information:
- DART Parking Information
- Downtown Bus Routes Providing Service to DART Rail Stations
- DART Severe Winter Weather Operating Plans
- DART Rail and TRE Service to American Airlines Center
DART Rail Construction Alerts