Media Relations Contact:
January 21, 2021
4th Annual Inland Port Virtual Symposium & Employer Forum
The Southern Dallas County Inland Port Transportation Management Association (IPTMA), in collaboration with the Dallas College Cedar Valley Campus, will hold their 4th Annual Inland Port Virtual Symposium & Employer Forum on Friday, January 22 at 9:00 a.m.
In November 2020, two new transportation services began service in the Inland Port area of Southern Dallas County. An on-demand microtransit service provided by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and STAR Transit known as "GoLink", as well as a new rider subsidy program provided by Uber called "Inland Port Rides."
These new services were created by the Southern Dallas County IPTMA, a nonprofit, membership organization designed to connect workers and businesses to transportation solutions in the Inland Port area. Members include private businesses, nonprofit organizations, city and county governments and local government agencies.
The Southern Dallas County Inland Port has continued to see exponential growth. The Virtual Symposium & Employer Forum will provide companies an opportunity to learn about opportunities for workforce training and development at the Cedar Valley campus, as well as find out how they can take advantage of the exciting new transportation services provided by the Inland Port Transportation Management Association.
Virtual Symposium & Employer Forum Speakers
Registration for the symposium is available at https://inlandport.org/symposium/.
- Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price and City of Dallas Councilmember Tennell Atkins
- Paul Wageman, Chairman, DART Board of Directors
- Alberta Blair, Public Works Director, Dallas County and IPTMA Board of Directors Chair
- Gary Thomas, President/Executive Director, DART
- Laura Freeland, Executive Director, Southern Dallas County Inland Port Transportation Management Association (IPTMA)
- Dr. Joe Seabrooks, President, Dallas College Cedar Valley Campus
-- 30 --