Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
December 18, 2019
Free DART Rides on New Year's Eve
For the sixth year in a row, Coors Light and Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) will help North Texas residents get home safely on New Year's Eve.
Totally free public transportation will be offered that night on DART buses, light rail, Paratransit Services and the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) between EBJ Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Airport Station for everyone from 6 p.m. until the end of service.
Since the program began locally in 2015, Coors Light Free Rides has provided more than 90,000 people in the DART service area with safe, alternative transportation on New Year's Eve.
Nationally the program has provided safe rides to more than 6.7 million people in 28 communities.
Look for New Year's Eve schedules at DART.org and TrinityRailwayExpress.org.
Tues., Dec. 31
Wed., Jan. 1
- DART - Bus and rail service will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
- TRE - Regular weekday schedule.
- Coors Light Free Rides begin on both DART and TRE at 6 p.m. until end of service. (Free New
Year's Eve service on TRE will be provided from EBJ Union Station to CentrePort/DFW Airport Station only.)
- Final TRE trains from EBJ Union Station will depart at:
- 10:24 p.m. to Fort Worth
- 12:45 a.m. to CentrePort/DFW Station
- Final DART light rail trains leave from West End Station in Downtown Dallas at:
- Red Line to Parker Road Station - 1:41 a.m.
- Red Line to Westmoreland Station - 1:18 a.m.
- Blue Line to Downtown Rowlett Station - 1:18 a.m.
- Blue Line to UNT Dallas Station - 1:16 a.m.
- Green Line to Buckner Station - 1:08 a.m.
- Green Line to North Carrollton/Frankford Station - 1:26 a.m.
- Orange Line to Parker Road Station - 12:24 a.m.
- Orange Line to DFW Airport Station - 12:11 a.m. (or use Green Line at 1:26 a.m. and transfer at Bachman Station to Orange Line at 1:45 a.m.)
- Dallas Streetcar - A final streetcar leaves Union Station at 12:50 a.m. and Bishop Arts at 1:09 a.m.
- DART Customer Information Center - Available by calling 214-979-1111 from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- DART Customer Care - Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- DART Lost and Found - Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Paratransit - Regular service provided. Customers may begin calling Sat., Dec. 28, to schedule service through Thurs., Jan. 2. Customers should call 214.515.7272 and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip. Next day scheduling is also available using X-Press Booking, web booking or semi-automated voicemail.
- The DART Police will have extra patrol units on duty to assist where needed, especially in downtown and around West End Station.
- DART administrative offices are closed.
- DART - Bus and rail service will operate on a Sunday schedule with additional Green Line service added between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. from Victory to Lawnview stations and additional Orange Line service added between 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. from Parker Road to DFW Airport stations, to accommodate passengers traveling to the 2020 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® at Fair Park.
- TRE - Special schedule available for Wed., Jan. 1 between EBJ Union Station and Fort Worth T&P Station. Click here to view the special schedule.
- DART's Customer Information Center - Schedule information is available by calling 214-979-1111 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- DART Customer Care - Closed
- DART Lost and Found - Closed
- Paratransit - Will operate on a Saturday schedule. Regular subscription trips will be canceled. Customers needing service for Wed., Jan 1, are encouraged to begin calling Fri., Dec. 27. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Jan 1. However, next day scheduling will be accepted using our voicemail booking system and DART's web- booking feature and automated X-Press Booking. Customers should call 214-515-7272 and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip.
- DART GoLink - Will not operate.
-- 30 --