Reduced Fare Photo ID Information
How to obtain a DART Reduced Fare Photo ID for Persons with Disabilities
- STEP 1: Visit one of the , and have a representative complete and submit the electronic online application (Form 1000) for a DART Reduced Fare ID for persons with disabilities.
- Certified legally blind
- Certified deaf or profound hard of hearing
- Certified to be Non-ambulatory without assistance or mechanical aid
- Certified to qualify for at least 50% disability allowance through VA (Service Connected Only)
- Certified for Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Certified intellectual disability/intellectually disabled
- Certified as having a seizure disorder
- Certified as having a qualifying Mental Illness (Schizophrenia, PTSD, Anxiety or Bipolar Disorder)
- STEP 2: Bring your original printed receipt (Form 1000 - no copies will be accepted) to the DART Store, located at DART Headquarters at 1401 Pacific (Akard Station). The DART Store is open Monday through Friday. Note: Photo IDs are made at the DART Store between 9-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. only. View a map to the DART Headquarters.
NOTE: The receipt must be submitted before the expiration date printed on the receipt, and accompanied with a valid photo ID.
- STEP 3: Pay a $2 fee to cover the cost of the photo. A DART Store agent will take your picture and create your DART reduced fare photo ID for persons with disabilities.
Medical certificate or state or federal disability identifications
required for proof of disability.
Qualified disabilities are as follows:
Frequently Asked Questions:Q. How do I use my disabled photo ID on DART's services?
A. Show your reduced fare photo ID for persons with disabilities to the operator when boarding DART's fixed-route buses or to the fare inspector on trains. On a bus, pay for a reduced two-hour pass or reduced day pass in cash or scan your valid reduced two-hour pass, reduced day pass or reduced monthly pass. At a rail station, purchase a reduced two-hour pass or a reduced day pass from a Ticket Vending Machine (TVM). See reduced pass fares below.
Q. I lost my disabled DART ID. Do I have to fill out the paperwork again?
A. No, If you lost your disabled DART ID and it has not expired, you do not need to fill out the paperwork again. Go to the DART Store at 1401 Pacific (Akard Station), show identification and purchase a new ID for $2.
Q. My disabled DART ID card will expire next month. Can I have it renewed this month?
A. Yes, you must be recertified if your card is going to expire and you want to renew it early - no more than 30 days prior to the expiration date. Repeat steps 1 through 3. Turn in your old ID with your paperwork and receive your new ID at no charge.
Q. My disabled DART ID expired. What do I need to do to get it renewed?
A. You must be recertified. Repeat steps 1 through 3. However, if you bring in your expired ID and turn it in, you can receive a new one at no charge.
Q. How much do I need to pay for DART Rail or buses if I have a disabled DART ID?
A. You have the following options when you ride with your disabled DART ID:
- $1.25 for a reduced single ride (buses only, cash only, no pass issued).
- $1.50 for a reduced AM/PM pass (replaces the two-hour pass).
- $3.00 for a reduced day pass.
- $48 for a reduced monthly pass.
A. No, you must present your disabled DART ID to ride for a reduced fare.
Q. Is the disabled DART ID the same as a DART Paratransit ID?
A. No, DART Paratransit Service is a curb-to-curb public transportation service for people with disabilities who are unable to use DART buses or trains. View more information regarding the DART Paratransit Services eligibility determination process.