Choose the level of service that's right for you
Please note: When purchasing a pass on a bus, exact cash or change required. Fareboxes accept bills and coins, including $1 coins. Bus operators cannot provide change.
All Day Passes valid for unlimited rides on the date of purchase only through 3 a.m. the following day. Day Passes are available on buses, from a Ticket Vending Machine (TVM) found at all DART Rail stations and the GoPass app.
Local $6.00 Regional $12.00 Reduced* $3.00
Single ride is valid on buses only. Fare is cash only, one-way only, and no pass will be issued.
Local $2.50 Reduced* $1.25
The new AM/PM Passes replace the two-hour pass, and they provide value for people who need to travel for more than two hours, but don't need a Day Pass. A pass purchased or activated prior to noon is an AM Pass and will be valid for unlimited trips on all bus and rail modes from the start of service until noon. A pass purchased or activated after noon is a PM Pass and will be valid from noon until end of service. AM/PM Passes are available on buses, from TVMs at rail stations and the GoPass app.
Local $3.00 Reduced* $1.50
Pass that allows unlimited travel between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. seven days a week. Midday passes are available on buses, from a Ticket Vending Machine (TVM) found at all DART Rail stations and the GoPass app.
Local and Regional Monthly Passes are available at Pass Outlet locations and the DART Store Online. Local and Regional 31 Day Passes are available at the DART Store at Akard Station, at TVMs at rail stations, the DART Store Online and the GoPass app.
Reduced Monthly Passes are only available at Pass Outlet locations, at the DART Store at Akard Station and the GoPass app.
Levels of Service
- All DART buses and trains
- GoLink, DART On-Call and FLEX service
- Trinity Railway Express trains between Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Airport Station
- All DART buses and trains
- GoLink, DART On-Call and FLEX service
- All Trinity Railway Express service, plus Trinity Metro in Fort Worth and DCTA in Denton County
* ReducedApplicable on all DART, TRE, Trinity Metro and DCTA buses and trains for the following:
- Seniors (65 or older) with valid DART photo ID
- Non-paratransit certified persons with disabilities with valid DART photo ID
- Medicare card holders
- Children ages 5-14 (Children under age 5 may ride free when accompanied by an adult with valid local, regional or reduced fare [up to two children].)
- High school students with a valid DART Service Area high school ID, or a valid DART-issued student ID. High school reduced fare extends to weekends as of August 18, 2018.
- College/Trade School students with valid DART-issued student photo ID for full-time undergraduate students registered at schools which are located in the DART Service Area and are not participating in the Higher Education Program. (Click here to view a list of schools participating in the Higher Education Program.)
- SMU students, please contact the SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office for pass information.
- UTD students, please contact the UTD Parking and Transportation Office for pass information.
Fare for travel on Express Route 282Required for travel on Express Bus Route 282 (City Of Mesquite Passenger Shuttle - COMPASS).
Passengers showing a DART local pass or passengers without a DART pass will pay $1 upon boarding. Passengers with a DART Mesquite 31 Day Pass or a DART regional or reduced pass pay no additional fare upon boarding. As of August 18, 2018, day passes are no longer available for the System fare.
Click here to view purchase locations for the Mesquite 31 Day Pass.
Contact the DART Store at Akard Station at 214-749-3282 for more information about obtaining a DART photo ID. Note: Photo IDs are made at the DART Store weekdays between 9-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. only. Senior citizen and student photo ID cards are $2.
- View information on how to obtain a DART Senior photo ID.
- View information on how to obtain a DART Reduced Fare photo ID.
- View information on how to obtain a DART Reduced College/Trade School Student ID.
- View information on how to obtain a DART High School Student photo ID.
All DART buses and trains meet ADA requirements, offering wheelchair lifts and other features to accommodate riders with disabilities. By ADA standards, wheelchairs must be secured on buses. Paratransit-eligible passengers with a current valid Paratransit photo ID ride free on DART and DCTA fixed route services. Paratransit-eligible passengers will be required to pay $1.00 (one-way fare) to travel on Trinity Metro buses.
In addition, DART offers money-saving pass and ticket options such as Annual Passes, as well as special group passes. To learn more, call 214-979-1111 or visit a link below:
- 31 Day Passes
- Advance Pass Sales for Conventions and Special Events
- Advance Pass Sales for Groups
- DART Employer Pass Information
- DART Higher Education Pass Programs
- Annual Passes for Individuals
- Senior Citizen Annual Passes
- Residential Annual Pass Program
- Day Pass Vouchers for Non-Profit Organizations and Government Agencies
Paratransit ServicesDART Paratransit Service is a curb-to-curb public transportation service for people with disabilities who are unable to use DART buses or trains. Paratransit is a shared-ride service operated with modern, accessible vehicles, and taxi cabs. Riders who are unable to access vans by using steps can use the wheelchair lifts or ramps. On the large accessible vans, boarding chairs are available upon request. DART also offers free travel training, along with travel ambassadors, to persons with disabilities who are capable of riding accessible bus and rail services. Paratransit-eligible passengers with a current valid Paratransit photo ID ride free on DART and DCTA fixed route services. Paratransit-eligible passengers will be required to pay $1.00 (one-way fare) to travel on Trinity Metro buses.
- View more information about DART Paratransit Services, including the eligibility process, certification forms and travel training information.
Note: Paratransit fares will be restructured in March 2019.
- Cash: $3.00
- Guest: $3.00
- Paratransit Fare Coupons - 10 trips: $30.00
- Personal Care Attendants - no charge
Paratransit Fare Coupons can be purchased online at www.DARTStore.org, at the DART Store at 1401 Pacific (DART Headquarters at Akard Station) or other DART Pass Outlet Locations. Note: A valid Paratransit ID Card must be shown at the time of purchase and quantities are limited to five booklets per transaction. Each coupon is good for a one-way fare on Paratransit Services and must be used with a valid Paratransit ID Card.
Use of DART vehicles, facilities, or property are subject to the DART Code of Conduct.
Exact fare required on all buses. No change made. Failure to produce a valid ticket or pass constitutes fare evasion and is punishable by an administrative penalty of up to $100 or a Class C misdemeanor violation with a fine not to exceed $500.