DART Rider Alerts
Effective Date: 4/9/2017
Mega March 2017 is on its Way, Allow Extra Time for Travel on Sunday, April 9, 2017Sunday travelers who depend on DART should expect to be joined on board by many of the 100,000 visitors projected to take part in Mega March on April 9 in downtown Dallas.
The march itself will take place from 2 until 5 p.m. from Cathedral Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe on Ross Avenue to Dallas City Hall. The anticipated volume of additional customers may impact riders and delay service.
DART Rail Service to and from the March
DART Rail trains operate every 20 minutes during Sunday middays. Additional cars will be added to Green, Orange and Blue line trains and additional service will be added to the Red Line to accommodate anticipated crowds participating in the Mega March on Sunday, April 9.
Passengers should also be aware that several DART bus routes operating in the downtown area will be on detour routing during parade activities. Routes affected include 1, 2, 11, 12, 19, 21, 24, 26, 31, 35, 36, 39, 42, 60, 76, 110, 111, 161, 164 and 183. The West Transfer Center building will be closed from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Click here to view bus detour information (opens in a new window).
TRE will be operating a special Sunday schedule to assist those that will be attending the march. Trains will run on an hourly departure schedule from Fort Worth T&P Station between the hours of 10:51 a.m. and 5:51 p.m. and from Dallas Union Station between 12:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Click here to view the special TRE schedules for Sunday, April 9, 2017 (opens in a new window).
Featured Rider Alerts:
- Additional DART Rail Service for the State Fair of Texas begins Monday, September 23, 2019 (Posted on Sep 9 at 11:01 AM)
Current Rider Alerts:
- Current Route Detours (Effective for routes 11, 12, 26, 31, 35, 42, 81/82, 110, 161, 164, 205, 206, 208, 210, 211, 278, 283, 347, 372, 374, 376, 405, 409, 410, 444, 467, 486, 522, 529, 532, 535, 542, 549, 560, 594, 595, 597, 704, 870-East Plano FLEX)
- Wickersham Rd. Closure Means Temporary Detour For DART Bus Route 374, Effective September 11-18, 2019
- Cityplace/Uptown Station West Inclinator Out of Service for 30 Days, Effective Monday, August 26, 2019
Other Customer Information:
- DART Parking Information
- Downtown Bus Routes Providing Service to DART Rail Stations
- DART Severe Winter Weather Operating Plans
- DART Rail and TRE Service to American Airlines Center
DART Rail Construction Alerts