Rider Insider Online Calendar
DART to Theater & Dance
Please check with the event organizer
for the most up to date information.
Click here for DART Coronavirus Information.
Attack of the Killer Mutant Leeches is a long time favorite of the Pocket Sandwich Theatre's infamous audience-participation, popcorn-tossing, comedy melodramas. In this spoof of 1950's era drive-in movies, the citizens of a small town discover an environmental disaster that could threaten all life on Earth! Monstrous murderous mutants menace Muskeg County (whew!) - can popcorn rid us of these pesky critters or are we all destined to be dinner for leeches?!! Performances are at 5400 E. Mockingbird Lane, right across the street from the DART Rail station. Information: www.pocketsandwich.com.
- A Message from Pocket Sandwich Theater: Due to current, constantly changing circumstances, Pocket Sandwich Theatre has had to make changes to our show calendar. Just like every other small business, we are struggling to adjust daily to directives issued by our local, state and federal government. Our #1 priority is the health and safety of our audience, staff, and artists.
- Via DART Rail Red Line, Blue Line or Orange Line to SMU/Mockingbird Station
July 15 – Aug. 9 The "Greatest Movie Musical of All Time" is faithfully and lovingly adapted for the stage. Singin' In The Rain has all the makings of a Tinseltown tabloid headline - the starlet, the leading man, and a romance that could change lives and make or break careers! See it at The Firehouse Theatre, 2535 Valley View Lane – across the street from the DART Rail station. Information: www.thefirehousetheatre.com.
Sept. 4-13 Inherit the Wind is the famous and acclaimed dramatization of the notorious 1925 Scopes "Monkey" trial, which followed a Tennessee teacher's jailing for having taught Darwin's theory of evolution. The fictionalized play is presented by Mainstage Irving-Las Colinas at the Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd. Information: www.mainstageirving.com.
- Via DART Bus Route 401 to MacArthur and Finley, departing from North Lake College Station on the Orange Line
TBD Tiny Beautiful Things follows Sugar, an online advice columnist who uses her personal experiences to help the real-life readers who pour their hearts out to her. Rich with humor, insight, compassion - and absolute honesty - Tiny Beautiful Things is about reaching when you're stuck, healing when you're broken, and finding the courage to take on the questions that have no answers. Tissues recommended. Catch it at the Wyly Studio Theatre in Dallas, 2400 Flora St. in the Dallas Arts District. Information: dallastheatercenter.org.
- Via DART Rail Red Line, Blue Line, Green Line or Orange Line to Pearl/Arts District Station, then about a 6-minute walk
Wednesdays Zalaughs is an open-mic comedy event that takes place each week at Zalat Pizza in the Downtown Plano Arts District. Signup is at 9:30 p.m. and performances begin at 10 p.m. While you're there, enjoy some of the best pizza in town. Zalat is at 1032 E. 15th St., right around the corner from the DART Rail station. Information: www.visitdowntownplano.com.
Every Thursday Dallas Comedy House is a beloved local institution, and it offers something unique every Thursday - the weekly Improv Comedy Night, in which some of the club's best comedians create a fully improvised scene based on audience suggestions. The Dallas Comedy House is at 3036 Elm St. in Deep Ellum. Information: dallascomedyhouse.com.
- A Message from Dallas Comedy House: Pursuant to Dallas County mandates surrounding COVID-19, DCH's venue will remain closed until it is safe to reopen. While we're all staying at home: Watch our FREE online weekly show every Friday night @ 8p. Check out our full list of online comedy classes for teens, families, adults, educators and professionals.
- Via DART Rail Green Line to Baylor University Medical Center Station