DART Police Mission Statement
|• About DART Police
• Department History
|• Vision Statement
• Mission Statement
|• Statement of Commitment
• General Information
• Contact Information
|• Dallas Area Rapid Transit Police Department Bi-Annual Report 2016-2017 (8MB PDF file opens in a new window)|
The mission of the DART Police is to maintain a safe and peaceful environment for DART customers and employees and to ensure the security of property.
This mission is implemented through the following actions:
- Provide equitable and responsive police services to DART customers and employees.
- Provide quality services through courtesy, guidance and assistance in dealing with DART customers and employees.
- Enforce applicable laws consistent with the Constitution, Code of Criminal Procedure, Penal Code, Transportation Code and DART Police policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with other law enforcement agencies in general and DART member cities in particular.
- Research, develop and design security and crime prevention programs to reduce the opportunity for crime and disruptive behavior on the bus and rail transportation systems.
- Be held accountable to high ethical standards to foster trust and confidence in the DART Police and the DART transportation system.
- Continue building a professional and progressive organization through training and development of DART Police personnel.