Service for Red River Rivalry, Saturday, October 12
Kickoff Time 11 a.m.
Fair Park Station, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the fairgrounds, and MLK, Jr. Station, located south of R.B. Cullum Blvd. and convenient to the MLK fairground entrance (Gate 6) and the Cotton Bowl Stadium.
- Look for DART staff at key stations as early as four hours before game time to help customers buy tickets and make connections. Game-day ticket sellers will be at these stations: Parker Road, Victory and Pearl/Arts District. Post-game ticket sellers will be at Fair Park and MLK, Jr. stations.
- To help accommodate the large crowds, DART is adding light rail, buses and Trinity Railway Express (TRE) trains with special connections planned. Some passengers may board buses to complete their trip.
- Buying transit tickets in advance has never been easier thanks to the new GoPass℠ mobile ticketing application for Apple or Android smartphones. The free app, which is available in either the App Store or Google Play, lets customers buy tickets well in advance of game day. The application also includes trip planning features to help make travel on DART, The T, DCTA or TRE even easier.
Please note: College/Trade School* reduced passes are not available in the GoPass app at this time. Purchase these ticket types at any DART Rail Station from a Ticket Vending Machine (TVM), a ticket seller at select stations or from a bus operator (exact change required on a bus).
- Leave early. Customers are encouraged to take advantage of the early transit service, which on some lines begins up to four hours before game time. Trains typically begin filling more than two hours before kickoff. Passengers using special bus service from Bachman, Bush Turnpike, Mockingbird, Trinity Mills, Victory or Pearl/Arts District stations may have the best opportunity to avoid crowding on the Red and Green line trains.
- Customers coming from Tarrant County on the TRE or Denton County via the Denton County Transportation Authority are advised to board the first train departing from their originating station. DCTA information can be found at dcta.net.
- After the game, DART staff will be on hand to get customers to the fastest areas to board for their return trip. This special service continues for at least three hours after the game.
DART RailThe fairgrounds are served by two Green Line stations -- Fair Park, located on Parry Avenue at the main fair entrance, and MLK, Jr., located south of R.B. Cullum Boulevard and convenient to the Gate 6 entrance and the Cotton Bowl Stadium.
- Southbound Green Line trains will leave every 10 minutes from North Carrollton-Frankford Station for MLK, Jr. Station as early as four hours before the game. These trains will not serve Victory, West End, Akard, St. Paul, Pearl/Arts District, Deep Ellum, Baylor and Fair Park stations. Transfer to the Green Line circulator at Union Station to reach those stations. The special Green Line circulator starts four hours before the game and operates six trips per hour. The circulator does not stop at Convention Center or Cedars stations and operates continually until approximately four hours after the game.
- Northbound Green Line trains leave every 10 minutes from Buckner Station for MLK, Jr. Station as early as three hours before kickoff.
- Southbound Red and Blue Line passengers can transfer to the Green Line Circulator at Pearl/Arts District Station while northbound Red and Blue line passengers can transfer at Akard Station.
- Specially marked southbound Red Line trains will leave every 10 minutes from Parker Road Station to MLK, Jr. Station starting as early as four hours before kickoff. The specially marked southbound Red Line trains will not stop after Cityplace/Uptown Station and will head directly to MLK, Jr. Station. Passengers on these trains will not need to transfer.
- Southbound Red Line trains going to Westmoreland Station will operate on a regular Saturday schedule with departures every 20 minutes.
- Northbound Red Line passengers will follow a regular Saturday schedule.
- Southbound Blue Line trains to Pearl/Arts District Station will leave every 15 minutes from Downtown Rowlett Station starting four hours before kickoff.
- Northbound Blue Line passengers will follow a regular Saturday schedule.
- Eastbound Orange Line passengers from Irving's five stations will transfer to the Green Line at Bachman Station.
- Customers are encouraged to take advantage of the early transit service, which on some lines begins up to four hours before game time. Trains typically begin filling more than two hours before kickoff. Passengers using special bus service from Bachman, Bush Turnpike, Mockingbird, Trinity Mills, Victory or Pearl/Arts District stations may have the best opportunity to avoid crowding on the Red and Green line trains.
- TRE passengers will transfer at Victory Station to shuttle buses to complete their trip to the fairgrounds.
- Customers coming from Tarrant County on the TRE are advised to board the first train departing their originating station. TRE information can be found at trinityrailwayexpress.org
- Departure time of the last TRE train to Fort Worth on Saturday: 11:11 p.m. from Victory Station. The last Green Line train to connect to this train departs MLK, Jr. Station at 10:38 p.m. and Fair Park Station at 10:41 p.m.
- DCTA A-train passengers transfer to the Green Line at Trinity Mills Station.
- Customers coming from Denton County via Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) are advised to board the first train departing their originating station. DCTA information can be found at dcta.net
Fair Share Parking™
- DART's Fair Share Parking program began two years ago. The contractor, Platinum Parking, will have additional signage and personnel available on game day at Parker Road, North Carrollton/Frankford and Belt Line stations. The daily rate is $2. Riders who have purchased monthly parking passes and residents of DART member cities who have acquired parking stickers in advance of this event will not have to pay. Parking stickers will not be issued on game day. All residents must obtain their permit stickers from Platinum Parking before the special event. Residents without a permit must pay to park. More information on Fair Share Parking is found at DART.org/paidparking.
DART Fare InformationFares are available at any DART Rail Station from a Ticket Vending Machine (TVM), from your bus operator or from the new GoPass℠ mobile ticketing application for Apple or Android smartphones. Day Passes are valid for unlimited rides on the date of purchase only through 3 a.m. the following day. (How to use a DART TVM.)
When purchasing a Day Pass on a bus, exact cash or change required. Fareboxes accept bills and coins, including $1 coins. Bus operators cannot provide change.
Please remember!Hang onto your pass,
as proof of payment is required to ride.
|— All DART buses and trains
— DART On-Call and FLEX service
— Trinity Railway Express trains between Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Airport Station
|— All DART buses and trains
— DART On-Call and FLEX service
— All Trinity Railway Express service, plus The T in Fort Worth and DCTA in Denton County
|Applicable on bus and rail for the following:
— Seniors (65 or older) with valid DART photo ID
— Non-paratransit certified persons with disabilities with valid DART photo ID
— Medicare card holders
— Children ages 5-14 (Children under age 5 may ride free when accompanied by an adult with valid local, regional or reduced fare [up to two children].)
— High school students with valid DART or student high school photo ID. High school fares are applicable on bus and rail and valid Monday through Friday only.
— College/Trade School students with valid DART-issued student photo ID for full-time undergraduate students registered at schools which are located in the DART Service Area and are not participating in the Higher Education Program.
Introducing GoPass Mobile Ticketing App
The easy way to buy passes right on your phone!
- Easy setup – Just register with your cell phone number and add your credit card information.
- Easy operation – Buy passes for DART, The T and DCTA any time and hold tickets for up to 60 days.
- Easy access – Plan trips, find out next bus or train times and go anywhere you want in DFW.
- Easy planning – Find out what's happening in DFW and save big on select area events and activities.
- Download it now! - Save time on the day you go to the State Fair of Texas and pre-purchase your passes now. The app is FREE from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Before you can use the app to purchase tickets, you must register your phone number in a one-time setup.
- Activate your ticket before boarding the bus or train - All tickets are delivered to your phone as "Not Yet Activated." You can purchase tickets up to 60 days in advance of using them. You must activate your ticket before boarding and show the ticket on your smartphone to the bus driver or fare enforcement officer when required.
- What kinds of tickets are available? - A variety of ticket products are offered by DART, The T and DCTA to customers through the GoPass app to travel in the Dallas/Fort Worth and Denton service areas. Fares include standard passes, reduced passes and peak/off-peak passes. When you buy your ticket, select the agency where you begin your trip.
- Who qualifies for Reduced fares? - The customer must be eligible and belong to one of the associated groups ("Child", "Senior", "Disabled", "High School" or "College/Trade School"). Currently, only Senior, Child and Disabled Reduced fares/passes are available via the GoPass app. The customer must show applicable separate valid ID whenever asked to present their pass. For more information on reduced fare ID requirements please visit these links: DART, The T, DCTA
Please note: High School and College/Trade School* reduced passes are not available in the GoPass app at this time. Purchase these ticket types from a Ticket Vending Machine at any DART Rail station or from a bus operator (exact change required on a bus). The customer must show applicable separate valid ID whenever asked to present their pass.
DART College/Trade School reduced passes are only valid for students with valid DART-issued student photo ID for full-time undergraduate students registered at schools which are located in the DART Service Area and are not participating in the DART Higher Education Pass Program. For more information on reduced fare ID requirements please visit this link: DART
For more information on reduced fare ID requirements for The T and DCTA please visit these links: The T, DCTA
More information and how-to videos about the
GoPass mobile ticketing application are available at www.GoPass.biz
2013 State Fair of Texas
Exhibit buildings open at 10 a.m. daily and close at 9 p.m. Sundays - Thursdays. Buildings remain open until 10 p.m. each Friday and Saturday.
Midway hours and museum hours vary.
Admission rates for the 2013 State Fair of Texas (Sept. 27 - Oct. 20).
Looking for a hotel for your visit to the State Fair of Texas?
Check out this listing for hotels along the DART Rail lines.
|Child (up to 48" tall):||$13|
|Children 2 and under:||Free|
|Seniors 60 and over:||$13; Free every Thursday (Oct. 3, 10 & 17)|
For more information and a complete schedule of State Fair of Texas events, visit bigtex.com.