Service for Red River Rivalry, Saturday, October 13
Kickoff Time 11 a.m.
Sign up for email alerts to get the latest DART State Fair service information
sent to your email inbox.
Fair Park Station, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the fairgrounds, and MLK, Jr. Station, located south of R.B. Cullum Blvd. and convenient to the MLK fairground entrance (Gate 6) and the Cotton Bowl Stadium.
- Look for DART staff at key stations as early as four and a half hours before game time Saturday morning to help you buy your ticket and make your connections. Game-day ticket sellers will be at these stations: North Carrollton/Frankford, Trinity Mills, Downtown Carrollton, Bachman, Parker Road, Bush Turnpike, Arapaho Center, Mockingbird, Downtown Garland, Victory, Pearl, Fair Park, Union Station, and MLK, Jr.
- To help accommodate the expected large crowds this year, DART is adding light rail, buses and Trinity Railway Express (TRE) trains with special connections planned including some passengers using buses to complete their trip.
- Allow plenty of travel time so you do not miss a minute of the game. Extra service begins up to four hours before game time. In previous years, trains began filling more than two hours before kickoff. Passengers using special bus service from Bachman, Bush Turnpike, Spring Valley, Forest Lane, Park Lane, Mockingbird, Trinity Mills, Victory, or Pearl/Arts District stations may have the best opportunity to avoid the crowding on the Red and Green Line trains.
- After the game, DART staff will be on hand to get customers to the fastest areas to board for their return trip. This special service continues for at least two hours after the game.
- Green Line trains to the Fair leave every 10 minutes from North Carrollton/Frankford Station for MLK, Jr. Station as early as four hours before the game. These trains will not serve Victory, West End, Akard, St. Paul, Pearl/Arts District, Deep Ellum, Baylor and Fair Park stations. Transfer to the Green Line circulator at Union Station to reach those stations.
- Green Line trains leave every 10 minutes from Buckner Station for MLK, Jr. Station as early as three hours before kickoff. Note: during special game day service, these northbound trains will not serve Fair Park Station.
- The special Green Line circulator starts four hours before the game and operates six trips per hour. The circulator does not stop at Convention Center or Cedars stations and operates continuously until approximately four-five hours after the game.
Passengers riding DART Rail to downtown Dallas can transfer easily to the Green Line:
- Southbound Red and Blue Line passengers transfer to the Green Line at Pearl/Arts District Station.
- Northbound Red and Blue Line passengers transfer to the Green Line at Akard Station.
- Eastbound Orange Line passengers transfer to the Green Line at Bachman Station. Note: during special game day service, Orange Line trains operate between Irving Convention Center and Bachman stations only.
- Many southbound Red Line trains continue to MLK, Jr. Station, and passengers on these specifically-marked trains do not need to transfer. Red Line trains to the Fair leave every 10 minutes from Parker Road Station to MLK, Jr. Station starting as early as four hours before kickoff. Special Red Line trains do not stop between Cityplace/Uptown and MLK, Jr. Stations.
- Southbound Red Line trains going to Westmoreland Station will operate a regular Saturday schedule with trains departing every 30 minutes. Transfer to the Green Line at Pearl/Arts District Station.
- Blue Line trains to Pearl/Arts District Station leave every 15 minutes from Downtown Garland Station starting four hours before kickoff.
|Take a copy of the station's platform banner with you.
(Available for the stations below, PDF files open in a new window)
|DART Rail Stations|
|Bush Turnpike||Cityplace/Uptown||Downtown Garland||Downtown Plano|
|Forest/Jupiter||Forest Lane||Galatyn Park||Lake Highlands|
|Mockingbird||North Carrollton/Frankford||Park Lane||Parker Road|
|Pearl/Arts District||St. Paul||Spring Valley||Trinity Mills|
|Walnut Hill||White Rock||Union Station||Victory|
|West End||Westmoreland Station|
|CentrePort/DFW Airport Station||Downtown Irving/Heritage Crossing Station||Union Station|
|Victory||West Irving Station|
- In anticipation of expected crowding on DART Rail, direct bus service to Fair Park will be provided at these stations: Victory (Green), Bachman (Green, Orange), Bush Turnpike, Spring Valley, Forest Lane, Park Lane (Red), Mockingbird (Red, Blue), Pearl/Arts District (Red, Blue, Green) and Trinity Mills (Green). Buses will depart these stations when full or at least every 10 minutes.
- TRE passengers will finish their trip to the fairgrounds on buses at Victory Station. All TRE trains will be met by buses at Victory for a direct connection to the fair.
- Customers coming from Tarrant County on the TRE are advised to board the first train departing their originating station. TRE information can be found at trinityrailwayexpress.org
- Departure time of the last TRE train to Fort Worth on Saturday: 11:11 p.m. from Victory Station. The last Green Line train to connect to this train departs MLK, Jr. Station at 10:38 p.m. and Fair Park Station at 10:41 p.m.
- DCTA A-train passengers transfer to the Green Line at Trinity Mills Station.
- Customers coming from Denton County via Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) are advised to board the first train departing their originating station. DCTA information can be found at dcta.net
Fair Share Parking™
- DART's Fair Share Parking program began earlier this year. The contractor, Platinum Parking, will have additional signage and personnel available on game day at Parker Road and North Carrollton/Frankford Stations. The daily rate is $2. Riders who have purchased monthly parking passes and residents of DART member cities who have acquired parking stickers in advance of this event will not have to pay. Permits will not be issued on game day. All residents must obtain their permit from Platinum Parking prior to the special event. Residents without a permit must pay to park. More information on Fair Share Parking is at DART.org/paidparking.
DART Fare Information
Please remember!Hang onto your pass,
as proof of payment is required to ride.
When purchasing a Day Pass on a bus, exact cash or change required. Fareboxes accept bills and coins, including $1 coins. Bus operators cannot provide change.
|— Red, Blue, Green and Orange Line trains
— Local buses
— FLEX service along local service route
|— All DART buses and trains
— TRE trains between Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Airport Station
— DART On-Call and FLEX service
|— All DART buses and trains (except Paratransit)
— All TRE service, plus the T in Fort Worth and DCTA buses and trains
— DART On-Call and FLEX service
|Applicable on bus and rail for the following:
— Seniors (65 or older) with valid DART photo ID
— Non-paratransit certified persons with disabilities with valid DART photo ID
— Medicare card holders
— Children ages 5-14
— High school students with valid DART or student photo ID from a high school within the DART service area
— College students are not eligible to travel on a reduced fare
2012 State Fair of Texas
State Fair of Texas exhibit buildings open at 10 a.m. and close at 9 p.m. daily (closing at 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays).
Midway and museum opening times and closing times vary.
Admission rates for the 2012 State Fair of Texas (Sept. 28 - Oct. 21).
Looking for a hotel for your visit to the State Fair of Texas?
Check out this listing for hotels along the DART Rail lines.
|Child (age 3 up to 48" tall):||$12|
|Children 2 and under:||Free|
|Seniors 60 and over:||$12; Free every Thursday (Oct. 4, 11 & 18)|
For more information and a complete schedule of State Fair of Texas events, visit bigtex.com.