Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball, DART
Joan Hunter, The T
June 14, 2011
DART, TRE plans set for Thursday Mavs celebration
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) will have expanded service to support the Dallas Mavericks' parade and celebration at the American Airlines Center on Thursday, June 16. View fare information here.
Many downtown bus routes will be on temporary detours the morning of June 16. View bus detour information here.
Although DART and the TRE are adding service, with an anticipated turnout of 250,000 Mavs Maniacs, customers should plan to arrive early and expect some delays after the events.
- DART Rail will operate a rush hour schedule between 6 and 9 a.m. with trains every 15 minutes.
- DART Rail Red Line trains north of downtown Dallas will operate every 7.5 minutes as scheduled.
- DART buses will be on standby at Bush Turnpike, Arapaho Center and Mockingbird stations by 8:30 a.m. to help with overflow crowds coming to those rail stations. Buses will take customers to the West End.
- All DART trains will convert to 10 minute service no later than 9 a.m. from end of the line stations. This will continue through the parade and AAC events.
- All Green Line trains will operate with three cars through the event. It connects customers directly with Victory Station and there's ample parking at North Carrollton/Frankford, Trinity Mills, Bachman, Market Center, Buckner, Lake June and Lawnview stations.
- DART Rail ridership is growing and the lots at Parker Road, Bush Turnpike and Downtown Garland stations have limited vacant space. Consider using Arapaho Center Station if Parker Road and Bush are full or Forest/Jupiter or LBJ/Skillman if Downtown Garland is full.
- The parade route is an easy walk from any of these stations: Akard, West End, Union or Convention Center. Akard and West End serve Red, Blue and Green lines. Union and Convention Center serve the Red and Blue lines.
- Convenient DART bus service is available from the Addison Transit Center (Routes 205 and 183) and Lake Ray Hubbard Transit Center (Route 283). Midday service is available for post-event trips.
- 60 additional buses will be available at West End Station (25) and Victory Station (35) after the events.
- TRE is adding rail cars where possible to the seven trains arriving at Union Station between 6:38 and 9:26 a.m. Additional trains will be stationed at Union Station for post-event service.
DART information is available at www.DART.org or by calling 214-979-1111. TRE information is available at www.TrinityRailwayExpress.org. Service updates are also available via DART.org or by following DART on Twitter @dartmedia.
-- 30 --