Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
November 8, 2010
DART's Thanksgiving holiday schedule
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) buses and light rail trains will operate on a Sunday schedule in observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday, Thursday, Nov. 25 and a Saturday schedule on Friday, Nov. 26.
DART administrative offices and the Customer Care Center -- which handles complaints, commendations, suggestions, and lost and found -- will be closed on both Thanksgiving Day and Friday. DART's Customer Information Center will be closed on Thanksgiving Day but will open Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for your trip planning needs at 214-979-1111. Route and schedule information is always available at www.DART.org.
- The Trinity Railway Express (TRE) commuter rail service will not operate on Thanksgiving Day. On Friday, it will follow a modified schedule. Scheduled details are available at www.TrinityRailwayExpress.org.
- The following High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes will be closed: the HOV lane on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton) and on I-30 West (Tom Landry Freeway); the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane; the reversible HOV ramp between the US 75 and the I-635 HOV lanes; and the section of the I-35E/U.S. 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12.
- The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the HOV lanes on LBJ Freeway, the US 75 HOV lanes, and the HOV lanes on I-35E/U.S. 67 from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open 24 hours.
- Special Operating Hours for the Tom Landry Freeway (I-30) HOV Lane, Nov. 25: The lane will be open westbound from 12:30-3:30 p.m. and eastbound from 6-9 p.m. or until traffic subsides.
- DART Paratransit Services for customers with disabilities will operate on a holiday schedule on Thanksgiving Day. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Thursday and Friday. This means regular subscription trips are canceled on Thursday and Friday. Customers may call on Wednesday, Nov. 24 to schedule service for Thursday, Nov. 25 through Tuesday, Nov. 30. Customers should call 214-515-7272 and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip. Next day scheduling is also available using DART's voice mail booking application and automated X-Press Booking feature.
-- 30 --