Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
November 14, 2008
Bus shuttles for TRE in Dallas Friday, Nov. 28 and Saturday, Nov. 29
DART to operate Sunday schedule on Thanksgiving Day
Most DART services will operate on a Sunday schedule in observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday, Thursday, Nov. 27 and a modified schedule on Friday, Nov. 28.
DART administrative offices and the Customer Care Center -- which handles complaints, commendations, suggestions, and lost and found -- will be closed on both Thanksgiving Day and Friday.
- DART bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule on Thursday.
- The Trinity Railway Express (TRE) commuter rail service will not operate on Thanksgiving Day. On Friday, it will follow a modified schedule. Due to grade crossing construction near the Medical/Market Center Station, the TRE will be unable to operate east of Market Center Blvd. on Friday and Saturday. In its place, DART will operate buses between Medical/Market Center, Victory and Union stations. (Schedules open in a new window)
- To accommodate fans attending the Dallas Stars-San Jose Sharks game on Nov. 28, DART buses will meet the 6:43 p.m. TRE train at Medical/Market Center Station and return to the station immediately following the game.
- On Friday, Nov. 28, bus routes 202, 204/247, 206 and 283 will operate limited service. Routes 204 and 247 will operate on a combination schedule between North Carrollton Transit Center, Farmers Branch Park & Ride and Downtown Dallas. Customers should look for the Rider Alert on DART vehicles or at DART facilities or visit the Current Rider Alert section of www.DART.org for details. Other than the express routes listed above, routes that don't ordinarily operate on Saturdays will not operate on Friday.
• View the November 28 schedule for route 202
• View the November 28 schedule for route 204/247
• View the November 28 schedule for route 206
• View the November 28 schedule for route 283
(Schedules open in a new window)
- The following high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes will be closed on Thursday and Friday: I-30 (East R. L. Thornton) and I-30 West (Tom Landry Freeway); the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane; the direct connector ramp between the I-635 (LBJ) and US 75 HOV lanes; and the section of I-35E/U.S. 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12. The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the LBJ HOV lanes, U.S. 75 HOV lanes and the I-35E/U.S. 67 HOV lanes from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open as usual.
- DART Paratransit Services for customers with disabilities will operate on a holiday schedule on Thanksgiving Day. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Thursday and Friday. This means regular subscription trips are canceled on Thursday and Friday. Customers may call on Wednesday, Nov. 26 to schedule service for Thursday, Nov. 27 through Tuesday, Dec. 2. Customers should call 214-515-7272 and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip. Next day scheduling is also available using DART's automated booking feature, X-Press Booking.
DART's Customer Information Center will be closed on Thanksgiving Day but will open Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for your trip planning needs at 214-979-1111. Route and schedule information is always available at www.DART.org.
-- 30 --