Media Relations Contact:
December 12, 2007
Holiday Schedule for DART Services
DART services are being modified for the Christmas and New Year's holidays.
- DART bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule on Christmas and New Year's Day.
- The Trinity Railway Express (TRE) commuter rail service will not operate on Christmas or New Year's Day. It will operate on a modified schedule on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Visit www.trinityrailwayexpress.org for details.
- Following the events at the American Airlines Center on December 31, DART Rail will extend service from Victory Station until 12:45 a.m. Trinity Railway Express will operate an additional westbound train that departs Union Station at 12:35 a.m. and departs Victory Station at 12:40 a.m. or 20 minutes after the fireworks show, whichever is later.
- The High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane on I-30 (East R. L. Thornton) and on I-30 West (Tom Landry Freeway); the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane; and the section of the I-35E/U.S. 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12 will all be closed on Tuesday, Dec. 25 and Tuesday, Jan. 1. The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the LBJ HOV lanes, the US 75 HOV lanes and the I-35E/US 67 HOV lanes from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open 24 hours a day as usual.
- DART Paratransit Services for customers with disabilities will operate on a holiday schedule during Christmas and New Year's. During Christmas, customers may call on Friday, Dec. 21, to schedule service for Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Customers may call on Monday, Dec. 24, to scheduled service for Tuesday, Dec. 25, and Wednesday, Dec. 26. Regular service will resume on Wednesday, Dec. 26. During the New Year's holiday, customers may call on Friday, Dec. 28, to schedule service for Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Customers may call on Monday, Dec. 31, to scheduled service for Tuesday, Jan. 1, and Wednesday, Jan. 2. Regular service will resume on Wednesday, Jan. 2. Customers should call 214-515-7272, and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip. Next day scheduling is also available using our automated booking feature, X-Press Booking.
- DART administrative offices will be closed on Christmas and New Year's Day. However, on those days, DART's Customer Information Center will respond to customer questions from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 214-979-1111. DART route and schedule information is always available at www.DART.org.
-- 30 --