Media Relations Contact:
June 21, 2007
Independence Day Holiday Schedule for DART Services
DART services will operate on a Sunday schedule on Wednesday, July 4, in observance of the Independence Day holiday. Customers should be aware of the following:
DART administrative offices are closed July 4. However, customers with questions about DART schedules may still contact Customer Service at 214-979-1111 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. DART route and schedule information is always available on the DART website, www.DART.org. Information on special holiday destinations served by DART is available at www.DART.org/fireworks.
- Bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule.
- The Trinity Railway Express commuter rail will not operate.
- The High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton) will be closed, as will the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane. The HOV lane on I-35E/U.S. 67 that runs from downtown Dallas to Loop 12 will also be closed.
- The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the HOV lanes on LBJ Freeway, and the HOV lanes on I-35E/U.S. 67 from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will, as usual, be open 24 hours.
- DART Paratransit services for customers with disabilities will operate on a Sunday schedule. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on July 4. Customers may call Monday, July 2, to book their trips through Wednesday, July 4, and Tuesday, July 3, to book their trips through Thursday, July 5. X-Press Booking is also available.
-- 30 --