Media Relations Contact:
May 26, 2006
Working together toward amazing accomplishments
For DART, "Working Harder, Going Farther" in FY 2005 paid off! It was a busy and productive year spent fine-tuning services, introducing new programs, empowering employees, and setting the stage for a $2.4 billion light rail expansion that kicks-off this year.
With a tip of the hat to DART's hard-working, success-driven staff, the FY 2005 Annual Report is illustrated throughout with photos of employees from all DART departments and divisions, doing what they do best: providing quality service to a growing number of customers.
Some of the highlights in the report include:
For more information visit www.DART.org and click on "Publications."
- A 5.1 million increase in DART System ridership;
- Substantial improvements in service reliability, efficiency, courtesy and safety;
- Gaining a $260 million federal earmark for the light rail expansion;
- The opening of the J.B. Jackson, Jr. Transit Center near Fair Park, site of the future Martin Luther King Jr. Rail Station;
- Announcement of new transit-oriented development projects up and down the rail lines;
- Numerous industry and business awards, including the Federal Transit Administration's prestigious Grant Recipient Award for DART's efforts at minority contracting, teaming and mentoring.
-- 30 --