Media Relations Contact:
December 5, 2005
Holiday Schedule for DART Services
DART services are being modified for the Christmas and New Year's holidays.
- DART bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule on Christmas and New Year's Day.
» View Red Line Sunday schedules.
» View Blue Line Sunday schedules.
- On Monday, Dec. 26 and Monday, Jan. 2, DART Bus routes 202, 204/247, 206 and 283 will follow a special schedule while other routes follow a Saturday schedule. Customers should look for the Rider Alert on DART vehicles or at DART facilities or visit the Current Rider Alert section of www.DART.org for details. DART Rail will follow a Saturday schedule on those days.
» View Red Line Saturday schedules.
» View Blue Line Saturday schedules.
- The Trinity Railway Express (TRE) commuter rail service will not operate on Christmas or New Year's Day. It will follow a modified schedule on Monday, Dec. 26 and Monday, Jan. 2. Please see the current TRE timetable or visit www.trinityrailwayexpress.org for specific departure and arrival times.
- The high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton), the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane, and the section of the I-35E/US 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12 will all be closed on Monday, Dec. 26 and Monday, Jan. 2. The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the LBJ HOV lanes, and the I-35E/US 67 HOV lanes from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open 24 hours a day as usual.
- DART Paratransit Services for customers with disabilities will operate on a holiday schedule during Christmas and New Year's. During Christmas, customers may call on Friday, Dec. 23, to schedule service for Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Customers may call on Tuesday, Dec. 27, to schedule service for Wednesday. During the New Year's holiday, customers may call on Friday, Dec. 30, to schedule service for Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Customers may call on Tuesday, Jan. 3, to schedule service for Wednesday, January 4. Customers should call 214-515-7272, and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip. Next day scheduling is also available using our automated booking feature, X-Press Booking.
- DART administrative offices will be closed on Christmas and New Year's Day as well as Monday, Dec. 26 and Monday, Jan. 2. However, on those days, DART's Customer Information Center will respond to customer questions from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 214-979-1111. DART route and schedule information is always available at www.DART.org.
-- 30 --