Media Relations Contact:
June 25, 2003
Ride DART to July 4th festivities in Garland
DART Rail will carry visitors to "It's a Wild, Wild Fourth," this year's Star Spangled Fourth celebration in historic Downtown Garland. The event offers five days of food, special exhibits, family activities, and live entertainment from Wednesday, July 2 to Sunday, July 6.
Festivalgoers can ride the DART Rail Blue Line directly to Downtown Garland Station and walk to the festivities nearby. Free parking is available at three Blue Line stations near the festival site: Forest/Jupiter Station, LBJ/Skillman Station and White Rock Station.
DART Rail will operate on a special schedule on Friday, July 4. Service will run every 20 minutes until noon, then every 10 minutes from noon to 1:30 a.m. DART bus services will follow a Sunday schedule on July 4.
This year's Star Spangled Fourth lineup features:
A free bus shuttle will run every 15 minutes during festival hours July 3-5 between the festival area, Garland High School and Williams Stadium.
- Wednesday, July 2 - Carnival sneak preview from 5 p.m. to midnight
- Thursday, July 3 -- Carnival from 4 p.m. to midnight; 6 p.m. parade; 9:30 p.m. fireworks; Main Stage performance at 10 p.m. by contemporary Christian group The Newsboys.
- Friday, July 4 -- Carnival from noon to 1 a.m.; 6 p.m. parade; 9:30 p.m. fireworks; Main Stage performance at 10 p.m. by country group Diamond Rio.
- Saturday, July 5 -- Carnival from noon to midnight; 6 p.m. parade; 9:30 p.m. fireworks; Main Stage performance at 10 p.m. by Rick Springfield.
- Sunday, July 6 -- Carnival from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Admission to the festival is free. Reserved seats for Main Stage performances are available for $10 each. Each Main Stage event will feature a musical warm-up by local talent beginning at 7 p.m. For more information about the event visit starspangledfourth.com or call 972-205-2749.
For information about DART services, fares, schedules, trip planning and maps contact DART Customer Service at 214-979-1111 or visit www.DART.org.
-- 30 --