Media Relations Contact:
June 16, 2003
Fourth of July Holiday Schedule for DART Services
The three-day Fourth of July weekend and the July 4th Trinity Fest celebration in downtown Dallas mean schedule adjustments for DART services. DART services will operate on the following special schedule on Friday, July 4:
DART administrative offices are closed Friday, July 4. However, customers with questions about DART schedules can still contact Customer Service that day at 214-979-1111 from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. DART route and schedule information is always available on DART.org.
- DART bus services will follow a Sunday schedule.
- DART light rail service will run every 20 minutes until noon. Beginning at noon, and continuing until 1:30 a.m., trains will run every 10 minutes to accommodate expected large crowds attending the Trinity Fest celebration in downtown Dallas. Throughout the day, Red Line trains will stop at Convention Center Station, but will not stop at Union Station; Blue Line trains will stop at Union Station, but will not stop at Convention Center Station.
- The Trinity Railway Express (TRE) commuter rail service will operate on a special Trinity Fest schedule from CentrePort/DFW Airport Station, West Irving Station and South Irving Station only to Union Station. There is no TRE service from Fort Worth. All TRE Trinity Fest riders must purchase a special reservation-only round-trip ticket in advance; no tickets will be sold from TRE ticket vending machines (TVMs) on July 4th. Contact DART Customer Service at 214-979-1111 or visit the DART website, DART.org, for ticket information.
- The High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton), the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane, and the I-35E/US 67 HOV lane from downtown Dallas to Loop 12 will all be closed. The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the LBJ HOV lanes, and the I-35E/US 67 HOV lanes from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open 24 hours a day as usual.
- DART Paratransit services for customers with disabilities will operate on a reduced schedule. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on July 4th. Customers can call on Thursday, July 3, to book their trips for Saturday, July 5. X-Press Booking also is available.
-- 30 --