Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
May 15, 2012
DART Holiday Schedule for Memorial Day
In observance of the Memorial Day holiday on Monday, May 28, Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) will operate on the following schedule:
DART administrative offices and the Customer Care Center, which handles complaints, commendations, suggestions and Lost and Found, will be closed. The DART Customer Information Center will be open on Memorial Day, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., for trip-planning needs at 214-979-1111 and DART route and schedule information is always available at www.DART.org.
- Bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule.
- The Trinity Railway Express commuter rail will not operate.
- The following High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes will be closed: the HOV lane on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton); the HOV lane on I-30 West (Tom Landry); the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane; the reversible HOV ramp between the US 75 and the I-635 HOV lanes; and the section of the I-35E/U.S. 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12.
- The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the HOV lanes on LBJ Freeway, the US 75 HOV lanes, and the HOV lanes on I-35E/U.S. 67 from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open 24 hours.
- DART Paratransit services for customers with disabilities will operate on a Saturday schedule. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Memorial Day. Customers may call Thursday, May 24, to book their trips through Monday, May 28, and Friday, May 25, to book their trips through Tuesday, May 29. Customers may call Tuesday, May 29, to book trips for Wednesday, May 30. X-Press Booking and next day weekend voice mail booking is also available.
-- 30 --