SMS Texting ServiceUse DART's SMS text service* to get the next scheduled bus or train times for your stop.
How it works:
- Find your Stop ID
- Text dart [Stop ID] to 41411
Be sure to include the word "dart" , a space, and then the Stop ID number, for example "dart 28076" (but without the quotes)
- You'll get back scheduled times for the stop#
|# The DART SMS text service will return real-time estimates when available. Look for (est) after the time. Scheduled times, noted with (sch), will continue to be shown if real-time estimates are not available.
* Message and data rates may apply. For Terms and Conditions, click here.
Some stops have multiple routes. To see times for one route only:
- Text dart [Stop ID] rt[route number] to 41411. For example, text dart 28076 rt749 to 41411 to get back times for route 749 at Rosa Parks Plaza. (Include a space between dart, the Stop ID number and rt[route number].)
- Use rtred, rtblue, rtgreen, rtorange or rttre for train routes.
- For the best results when looking up rail stations and other DART facilities on the Stop ID Finder, enter the station/facility name, city and state.
- To see more times at a stop, reply M
- To refresh a previously requested stop, reply R
Frequently asked questions:Q: Is this real time information?
A: Yes, if you see (est) after the time, you are seeing real time information. If real time information is not available, scheduled times, noted with (sch), will be shown.
Q: Is there a charge for this service?
A: No, but standard data and text messaging rates may apply. Check with your phone service provider for your plan's rates.
Q: What mobile carriers will work with 41411?
A: The 41411 service is available on all major US carriers including: AT&T, Alltel, Bluegrass Cellular, Boost Mobile CDMA, Boost Mobile iDEN, Cellcom, Cellular South, Centennial, Cincinnati Bell, Dobson Cellular Systems, ECIT, East Kentucky Network, Immix Wireless, MetroPCS, NTELOS, Nextel Communications, Rural Cellular Corp., Sprint PCS Wireless, Tracfone, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, West Central Wireless.
Q: I have a T-Mobile plan and received this error message: Receiver 41411 unable to receive message - Message Blocking is active. What does this mean?
A: The above error message is being received by customers of T-Mobile in situations where they are trying to use 41411 to send and receive text messages, but their cell phone service does not include this ability. Users seeing this message must contact T-Mobile directly and have them unblock text messaging. Please be aware that T-Mobile does charge for sending and receiving text messages and these charges have nothing to do with the 41411 service.