Rider Insider Online Calendar
DART to Sports
Aug. 17 Big3 is the American 3-on-3 professional basketball league created in part by rapper/actor Ice Cube. Dallas will host the first round of playoffs, bringing to the court such fan favorites as Amar'e Stoudemire, Metta World Peace, Chauncey Billups, Mike Bibby, Carlos Boozer and more, as well as legendary coaches including Allen Iverson, Julius Erving, Gary Payton and Charles Oakley. The evening includes plenty of audience interaction. Catch the fun and excitement at American Airlines Center, 2500 Victory Ave. Information: www.americanairlinescenter.com.
- Via DART Rail Green Line and Orange Line and TRE to Victory Station
- Via DART Bus Route 749 (Stemmons-Design District Service)
Sept. 7-8 The 3rd Annual Cotton Bowl Stadium Prep Showcase features some of the Dallas area's premier high school football programs. The showcase is a two-day, four-game event featuring eight 6A football powers inside the historic Cotton Bowl Stadium at Fair Park. Tickets for the Friday night session matching Mansfield Lake Ridge against Waco Midway and Cedar Hill against Denton Guyer and the Saturday session featuring Lake Highlands against Plano East and Sachse against Trinity are on sale now. Cotton Bowl Stadium gates open 90 minutes prior to kickoff of the first game of each day. On Friday, September 7, gates open for fans at 3:30 p.m. On Saturday, September 8, gates open at 8:30 a.m. Information: www.cbsprepshowcase.com.
SMU Mustangs football returns for the 2018 season with new head football coach Sonny Dykes. Watch the Mustangs take on American Athletic Conference rivals as well as non-conference foes at Gerald J. Ford Stadium on the SMU campus. Coming up:
- Sept. 7, 7 p.m. TCU
- Sept. 22, TBD Navy
- Sept. 29, 6 p.m. Houston Baptist
Sept. 8 Join in for the 2018 Dallas Heart Walk as more than 40,000 walkers from more than 100 Dallas-area companies and individual participants come out with friends and families to get a little exercise and raise important funds for heart disease and stroke. The walk is set for Saturday, Sept. 8 at the base of Reunion Tower, 300 Reunion Blvd E. Opening ceremonies start at 8:30 a.m. The Heart Walk is 3.5 miles and The Miracle Mile is one mile long. Both are non competitive walks. Information: www.dallasheartwalk.org.
- Via DART Rail Red Line, Blue Line or TRE to Union Station.
- Note: Three additional southbound Red Line trains from Parker Road Station will be available on Saturday, Sept. 8. These trains depart Parker Road Station at 6:13 a.m., 6:43 a.m. and 7:13 a.m. and arrive at Union Station at 6:58 a.m., 7:28 a.m. and 7:58 a.m. These trains will serve all stations between Parker Road and Cedars stations.