DART Rail Construction Alerts
December 8, 2014
Rail Service Interruption Notice
Due to inclement weather the weekend of Nov 22-23, rail replacement work near Houston Street could not be completed as planned. DART Rail in Downtown Dallas will be discontinued Sat and Sun, Dec 20-21 to allow track replacement along Pacific Avenue near Houston Street. DART shuttle buses will connect the affected stations.
Downtown Dallas Only
Sat and Sun, Dec 20-21, 2014
Passengers traveling on this weekend are strongly encouraged to allow plenty of extra time, especially if rail-to-bus transfers are involved. Fans attending the Dallas Mavericks-San Antonio Spurs game or one of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concerts at American Airlines Center may also be impacted by delays. Click here to view more information about traveling to the American Airlines Center.
D-Link (Route 722) Detour from Houston Street, Sat, Dec 20:
Northbound to Cedars Station: From Victory, left on Continental into Lamar, right on Elm, left on Houston, regular route.
Southbound to Jefferson and Vernon: From Lamar, left on Elm, right on Market, right on Ross, regular route.
Click here to learn more.
Any time you undertake a construction project, the possibility for danger is elevated. DART is urging everyone to be extra careful around its facilities, vehicles and especially the construction areas. Here are 10 tips you should know.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track at designated crosswalks only.
- Never walk, ride or play in front of or behind a DART vehicle.
- Children should always exit the bus through the front door.
- Do not walk, ride or play in a construction area.
- Never walk, ride or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across train tracks.
- Never try to beat a train through a crossing.
- Remember: Safety begins with you. Talk to your family.